SNOWCONE 5K 2019
What is SNOWCONE 5K?
It's not a race and is not a competitive category of running. It's simply a “FUN RUN” with a cause.
The event will create an exciting activity to promote health, wellness, education and community. The
Snow Cone theme focuses on providing snow cones for all 5K participants at the end of the run/walk.
What is included in my registration packet?
Registration packet includes a bib, 5K t-shirt, a cool, refreshing snow cone at the end of the run
and an opportunity raffle.
Can a friend pick up my packet?
Just give the designated pick up person a copy of your registration receipt and a copy of your
ID for verification.
Can I register at the event?
Yes, but t-shirt availability is not guaranteed.
What is your refund policy?
All entry fees are non refundable and non transferable
When and Where do I pick up my registration packet?
JJ’s Island Grindz · FRI March 29th · 6pm-9pm · 836 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91911
Specials include 15% Off Food and $4 Beer/Wine
- Directions from Freeway 5, Exit L Street go East (over the freeway if coming from the North or turn right at the exit if coming from South). Make a Left turn on Broadway. JJ’s Island Grindz will be on left side of street, located between K Street and L Street
Trident Coffee · SAT March 30th · 10am - 2pm · 536 13th Street, Suite 6, Imperial Beach
- FREE Zumba at 11am with Kelley
- Specials and more! >> Get 10% Off at Trident and FlipYourTee
- Directions from Freeway 5, Exit Palm Avenue and turn Right at the light (head West). Make a Right turn onto 13th Street. Trident Coffee will be on left side at the end of street. Parking is free in the parking lot and street parking
We will not be mailing out any registration packets.
Are strollers allowed at this event?
Yes. But for safety purposes, participants with strollers will be corraled before the leisure walkers.
Is this event dog friendly?
Where is the start and end of the run/walk?
The actual start and end of the run, walk will be at Bayside Park.
There will be signages and volunteers that will direct you where to go.
Will this event be timed?
There will be no chip timing available, but we will have an timers at the finish line to view your time.
What is the schedule of events?
SnowCone 5K • Sunday, March 31, 2019
🍧 ALL Day Entertainment w/ DJ SoPhresh @smoovsd 🎧🎶
🍧 7:00 am - Registration & Packet Pickup Opens
🍧 7:45 am -Warm Ups with Nasara Gargonnu with #SiriusFitnessw, Zumba with Eric Locquiao & Kelley Wojcik, and U-JAM San Diego aka UAM Diegowith Lead Instructor Ro Damian & Team UJam, , & San Diego Gymnastics - Otay Ranch
🍧 8:00 am - SnowCone 5K Expo with Live music, community vendors, giveaways, & more!
🍧 9:00 am - SnowCone 5K Start
🍧 10:00 am - SnowCone 1Mile Fun Run
🍧 11:00 am - Warm Down | Yoga
🍧 11:30 am - SnowCone 5K & 1Mile Fun Run Awards & tasty snow cones for all 5K and 1Mile participants
🍧 Noon 12:00 pm - SnowCone 5K Ends
Will there be awards?
1. Awards will be given to 5K participants
- First/Second/Third Places to Adult Male
- First/Second/Third Places to Adult Female
- First/Second/Third Places to Children
- First Male
- First Female
- First Child
Parking is available in public parking areas at Bayside Park and surrounding streets, including the areas of the Chula Vista Marina (marked as a Blue “P” on the following map)
The gated parking area of the Marine Group Boat Works located at 997 G St. Chula Vista CA 91910,
will also be available to use.